Monday, December 9, 2013

River Fairchild is Launched


IT'S LAUNCH DAY!

Diamonds and Dust

by River Fairchild
Book 1 of the Jewels of Chandra series


Magic is real. So is betrayal.

Two heirs. A Kingdom of dust on a troubled world. One might resurrect it. One might destroy it all.

Archaeologist David Alexander investigates the cave where his father disappeared and hurtles into another world, one filled with magic and bizarre creatures. The mad ravings in his father's journals of icemen and dragons may not be fantasies after all.

Convinced his father may still be alive, David begins a treacherous journey to find him and discover a way home. Along the way, he encounters a few unlikely friends. A Dreean warrior, a beautiful thief and a satyr join him as he searches.

David's arrival into this new world sets off an explosive chain reaction of events. Faced with powerful adversaries and few clues, he may not get the chance to rescue his father before disaster strikes, condemning both of them to death. Or worse.

Buy it here:

**********************




About the author:

River Fairchild is somewhat odd, brandishes a dry sense of humor, owned by several cats. Lives in a fantasy world. A fabricator of magic. Makes stuff up and spins tales about it. Believes in Faerie crossings and never staying in one place for very long. Speculative Fiction wordsmith. The secret to her stories? Spread lies, blend in truths, add a pinch of snark and a dash of tears. Escape into her world. She left the porch light on so you can find your way down the rabbit hole.
Blog / Facebook / Twitter / Amazon /

27 comments:

  1. Yay for River! I've been looking forward to reading this one ever since I first saw the absolutely gorgeous cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read it and truly, honestly loved it.

      Delete
  2. Yay for River! It's an awesome book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to River. I love the title and cover. It definitely sounds like a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goooooo, River! *dwarves cheering*

    Dragon SH for Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all!
    *hears dwarves serenading me*
    I'm honored by all the support. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on launch day! I'm wishing for the best for you and your awesome sounding book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, River, and may the book and series be a runaway success!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That cover is so complex, yet simple. It totally draws me in. I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic opening line(s)! "Magic is real. So is betrayal." Has me hooked right there. :)

    Congrats, River, and much success to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy for you, River! I'm still as in love with this cover as I was the first day I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, I know, where is that wonderful guy, Gary? Relax, I have arrived. Yay n' stuff! :)

    Julie, most kind of you to make mention of River's launch. I see the book going beyond the stratosphere. All systems go. Congrats to River. Time for some launch, um lunch.....

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Julie, I never seem to leave your place without taking something with me. This time, I left with River's "Diamonds and Dust" on my tablet. You should post warning signs or something. :-)

    River, can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeff, I really enjoyed it and not just because River is my friend-- but truly it was a great read.

      Delete
    2. No! No warning signs! Ever! ;)

      Thanks, Jeff!

      Delete
  13. Thanks, everybody! Must go prepare launch...lunch for Gary now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations and best of luck to River.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish you all the best, River, and much success. Also, it's great to see a picture of the "real" you on your Gravatar Icon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally got around to tolerating having a real photo taken, Demetria. ;)

      Delete
  16. Hi, Julie,
    I've seen River around this week. I think I'm in love with that cover.
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay, River! You're awesome. May this book be a smashing success.

    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations River!

    Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being a part of the conversation. I love reading your thoughts and feedback.